• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Linksys Wireless Router

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am trying to lock my Linksys wireless router from operating from 11:00pm to 5:00am. I have set it up for a test for 5:00am to 4:00pm just to test it out but even though I am out of the time range it still operates. I have re-booted the router but it still operates. Anyone got any ideas on how to stop this thing during the night?

murph

Attachments

• Doc3.doc
    88.5 KB · Views: 66

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Is the time zone set properly on your router?

Perhaps you need to specify the services you want to block? (just guessing) Did you RTFM?

It was hell to find the time in the router but it is right. I don't know what RTFM is so I ask. I have played around with the times in there and if I do try putting in the times I want to restrict it comes back with an error that the one time has to be larger than the other.

murph

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
RTFM = read the ****ing manual ; )

Your screen shot looks like you are "allowing" internet access during selected days and hours. Try clicking the "deny" radio button.

What does the "Edit List of PCs" button show you?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
RTFM = read the ****ing manual ; )

Your screen shot looks like you are "allowing" internet access during selected days and hours. Try clicking the "deny" radio button.

What does the "Edit List of PCs" button show you?

The FM is no where to be found. I guess I could go out on the internet and find it. I just didn't think it wwould be that hard of a task.

The Deny button has been clicked and I set times up for it also and has not worked. I will try and get the FM.

murph

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Geez guys, I am sorry I FA, I guess it would be just easier to go out and get a FT.:moon: