PDA

View Full Version : What do you have for Christmas dinner

daedong
12-18-2007, 03:16 AM
Even though Christmas is in our summer It is still traditional to have roast turkey and ham with baked vegetables for main coarse. For dessert we have boiled fruit pudding with brandy sauce and ice cream. A long standing tradition With dessert is finding the coins which are buried inside the pudding.
Oh I nearly forgot, for entree we generally have seafood, things like prawns, crayfish. Lots of lollies and nuts, bon bons, and party hats and not to forget the Champers:burp:

Finished off with a 2 hr sleep in the afternoon.

Merry Christmas to all even you snowcat:thumb:

REDDOGTWO
12-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, olives mixed vegetable with pie for dessert.

Cityboy
12-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Ham, turkey, all kinds of veggies & casserols with lots of cheese and enough sweets to kill a moose. :)

We have gatherings of 20 relatives or so. Everybody has a specialty the love to bring.

pirate_girl
12-18-2007, 10:14 AM
It's usually Thanksgiving fare all over again.
Unless someone makes a ham.
There always seems to be more appetizers at our Christmas celebrations though.
Go figure.

bczoom
12-18-2007, 11:27 AM
It's usually Thanksgiving fare all over again.

Wow... You really need to throw away the turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving...

For one family gathering it's a huge roast beef. The other will be ham and all the fixings.

Melensdad
12-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Standing rib roast and a tur'duck'en. Veal stuffing. And all the traditional side dishes.

pirate_girl
12-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Wow... You really need to throw away the turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving...

For one family gathering it's a huge roast beef. The other will be ham and all the fixings.
Haha!!
This is the holiday menu.
Turkey AND Ham (which my brother in law brings home from work- he's a foreman at a large food production/packaging place here in NW Ohio)
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potato casserole
Green bean casserole
Corn pudding
Noodles
Brussels Sprouts
Dundee cake
Pies
Cookies
... and for appetizers cream cheese rolled up in smoked beef and green onions.
Bacon wrapped tiny sausages
Cheese and veg tray
Bailey's-Beer-Eggnog- Coffee and Soda.

Abby
12-20-2007, 09:58 AM
What is Dundee cake?

BoneheadNW
12-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Beef tenderloin, potatoes, veggies, etc. Probably my favorite meal of the year. This year I might miss the meal as I am on call from work (Christmas is notorious for fires, suicides, etc and many in the department will be taking vacation).
Bone

mtntopper
12-20-2007, 11:55 AM
This year we will be at our daughters in Colorado for the Christmas holiday. She is an excellent cook and will have some surprise foods prepared. She likes to make unusual dishes and I like surprise food. I do not want to know what the Christmas dinner menu consists of until it is on the table. I suspect she will possibly have ham and prime rib as a part of the main course. As to the other side dish foods, I look forward to some great tasting and interesting surprises. :thumb:

pirate_girl
12-20-2007, 12:40 PM
What is Dundee cake?

It's a bit like fruitcake, only better:)

Snowcat Operations
12-20-2007, 01:01 PM
My wife is cooking up Prime Rib for the family. It would be the perfect Christmas if my Mother in Law wasnt going to show up!

NorthernRedneck
12-20-2007, 01:09 PM
It would be the perfect Christmas if my Mother in Law wasnt going to show up!

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me......exept that it's my wifes mother-in-law! (aka my mother)

fogtender
12-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Reindeer, every year one falls off my steep roof on Christmas eve.... pretty neat!

Big Dog
12-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Pizza and beer ........................ Xmas eve!

Ham, wine, turkey, wine, mashed potatos, wine, gravy, beer, noodles, beer, green beans, beer, yams, beer, lots of fixins, bourbon ...... and then Chambord for desert...............:alc:

Doc
12-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Even though Christmas is in our summer It is still traditional to have roast turkey and ham with baked vegetables for main coarse. For dessert we have boiled fruit pudding with brandy sauce and ice cream. A long standing tradition With dessert is finding the coins which are buried inside the pudding.
Oh I nearly forgot, for entree we generally have seafood, things like prawns, crayfish. Lots of lollies and nuts, bon bons, and party hats and not to forget the Champers:burp:

Finished off with a 2 hr sleep in the afternoon.

Sounds good Vin.
Good idea for a thread. Rep points for you. :thumb: :D

Abby will be cooking roast turkey and ham with a broccoli casserole, oyster dressing, corn, homemade noodles with homemade rolls. ummmm

She said she likes the looks of Loralei's Dundee cake, so maybe she'll try that too. :D

(Abby is Mrs. Doc)

Junkman
12-20-2007, 08:06 PM
My wife is cooking up Prime Rib for the family. It would be the perfect Christmas if my Mother in Law wasnt going to show up!

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me......exept that it's my wifes mother-in-law! (aka my mother)

Happiness is finding your mother in laws picture on the side of a milk carton on Christmas Eve......

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

Snowcat Operations
12-20-2007, 08:08 PM
You know roast turkey does sound good.. I'm not a big Prime Rib fan. Oh dont get me wrong. I like it just like the next man but for Christmas I like Turkey. I will make a bowl of my "World" famous Cranberry sauce! Any excuse to make that dish! Garlic mashed potatoes and giblet gravy. Home made biscuits with plenty of salted butter, stuffing and yams!

Snowcat Operations
12-20-2007, 08:09 PM
I think I'm gonna smoke my turkey this year with apple wood. What do you guys think?

PBinWA
12-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Picked up the Honey Baked Ham today. Now I know why my wife asked me to do it! $$$$ They must be made from some fancy pigs!

daedong
12-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks Doc for the positive rep points, but I'm barely holding ground though.

Snowcat Operations
12-21-2007, 01:03 PM
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Snowcat Operations
12-21-2007, 01:07 PM
And why are you "barely" holding ground?

Bobcat
01-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Focaccia sandwich, pasta salad, and tapioca pudding. From the Safeway deli section. Hey, I'm on the road, so it's that or Pizza Hut. :smileywac

Just for Sushi...take a look at that sammy! It's yum-oh. :yum:

Bobcat
01-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Oops, wrong thread! I'm a maroon. :yum: