• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

stylus pen for computer writing?

dzalphakilo

Banned
OK, have no clue what I'm talking about as usual.

Saw an add for a stylus pen that you can use to write on an ordinary tablet and then you can hook it up to your computer to download what you've written into a word document.

Since I type SLOW and I don't use the laptop in the car for on the spot information entry, was thinking this may not be a bad product look at.

I also write like crap. Ever take notes at a meeting and then try to read them 2 days later? For myeslf, at times it's like trying to read someone elses handwriting (with horrible penmanship to boot). Firgure something like this may actually come in handy.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Anyone use one?

Figuring it uses some of the same technology that those PDA's use (my PDA just ended up becoming a large phone book:rolleyes: )

Thanks

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
If you cannot read your writing after two days, how can you expect a machine to read it? Not trying to be a sm*** a**, just pragmatic.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've never used the item. But what I did see on them is that you have to write or print in a certain way. It might force you into better penmanship.

I was lucky in that I was a radioman in the navy. In order to maintain certain communication channels you had to type at 40wpm. So we had two weeks of typing in 'A' school. A skill I thought I would never use again came in really handy in this computer age.
Long way of saying you might save some money and be better off to use some of the typing tutor programs to better your typing skills. Touch typing might be easier to learn than proper penmanship for the pen stylus.

dzalphakilo

Banned
If you cannot read your writing after two days, how can you expect a machine to read it? Not trying to be a sm*** a**, just pragmatic.

If its like the PDA I had, it can "read" your writing after you write some letters as an example. Agreed, I would have to write nicer, however the advantage I see is that I then won't have to transpose everything to a word doc for inromation.

My understanding is that the newer ones (stylus) is just the "pen" itself, and you can use it to "write" on anything, then download what you've "written" (beats that small keypad on the laptop for "on the moment notes).

Doc, if I remember correctly, I can do about 40 wpm, however, my wife can do well over 100 so I consider myself slow (she just takes a tape recorder and types off of what she records, be it meetings or notes). She also has become my "personal secretary" to some extent which needs to stop (I dictate, she types. I cant afford her rates:D)

Just saw an add on TV and it looked interesting enough to the point where it looked like it may of been of some use.

One reason why I was wondering if anyone was familiar with them.

Last edited: