• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

XBox360 Game Recommendations?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm buying an XBox360 mostly for the Media Center Extender component but thought I'd pick up a game or two. Any recommendations?

I'm not a big gamer and will not be playing Multiplayer online - just the occasional solo game session.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have a XBox or play with the kids games but a couple years back I had a great time playing some of the Tom Clancy games. Mine were the PC version but I'm pretty sure they have them for the X-Box
Rainbow 6
Ghost Recon
Splinter cell

A couple things...
It'll get addictive, at least until you reach the end.
I think Splinter Cell was the only single player game. The others are single or multi-player.
On the PC version, the game editor came included on the CD. After getting through the original game, I'd go into the game editor and make my own version by adding more bad guys and such (basically, make it a lot harder).

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Try any of the Halo series games . Also look into Burnout" revenge" if You don't care for "shooters " type games .

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
No I like shooter games. I'll probably get Halo since it's the latest.

GB - you are probably right. Again. Bastard. ;)

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
No I like shooter games. I'll probably get Halo since it's the latest.

Then,while you're buying it (halo3) look for halo,and Halo2 . They can be had for as little as 19.95 . While I'm at it ,look at Ghost Recon 'advanced warfighter' .
It's fairly intense .
And to add to this before MY SIL (WarReadiness )does ... I suck at all of them :yum:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
And to add to this before MY SIL (WarReadiness )does ... I suck at all of them :yum:

I think that is exactly why I will never play online in a multi-player environment. I do not expect to be any good at any of them.:fart2:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I think that is exactly why I will never play online in a multi-player environment. I do not expect to be any good at any of them.:fart2:

I don't do online either( I listen to enough trash talk when the kids are here) . Basically I only play is when the kids are home .