• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

10 Best Beers with Balls of 2007

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Finally, Fall is upon us, and that can mean only one thing: Beer! Well, that shouldn't be your only concern, but with football season in full swing and the commencement of Oktoberfest, a lot of us out there have beer on the brain. With that in mind, we here at Inventor Spot bring you 10 of the ballsiest beers we could find.
What makes them so noteworthy?
Well, the beers on this list push the limits of conventional brewing in a number of ways. Whether they are the stoutest of the stout, or the odd brainchild of a Japanese liquor store owner (milk beer anybody?), these ales definitely have some gusto that the rest of the beer world lacks.

10. Midas Touch Golden Elixir- The King's Beer

Picture%2017.png

Besides the stout 9% ABV(alcohol by volume),Dogfish Head's Midas Touch Golden Elixir boasts a pretty interesting story behind it. Under a huge mound at the ancient Phrygian capital of Gordion in central Turkey, a [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda]University [/FONT][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda]of [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda]Pennsylvania[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] Museum expedition in 1957 excavated an intact burial chamber which likely belonged to King Midas himself. Also found inside was an ancient [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda]drinking [/FONT][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda]set[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] that, when examined, exhumed residue that revealed an ancient alcoholic beverage. Those determined brewers at Dogfish Head "recreated" this elixir--a mixture of wine, [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda]beer[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and honey--and got their very own Midas Touch Golden Elixir. The taste is rife with fruity notes and is served best in a clute or sniffer.

9. Mamma-Mia Pizza Beer- The Foodie's Beer

Picture%206_1.img_assist_custom.png

Upon hearing the name of this beer, my immediate reaction is to cringe. Although I like to drink beer with my [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda]pizza[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], I'm not sure how I feel about having my pizza in my beer. However, Tom and Athena Seefurth of Campton Township, Illinois claim to have created the first "culinary beer," hinting at an air of sophistication. Created in 2006, The beer contains what you would expect: tomatoes, onions, garlic, [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda]oregano[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], basil—everything you would find on a pizza. Locals claim it tastes pretty much like those ingredients, but there is still the flavor of beer as well. A ballsy move to use such unconventional ingredients? I'd say so. But, who knows, maybe it will catch on.

8. La Terrible - The Purist's Beer

terrible-grbouteille.gif

Contrary to the name, there is nothing terrible about this French-Canadian ale crafted by Unibroue brewery. Well, the 10.5% ABV might be a little on the dangerous side for the average drinker, but, other than that, this beer performs well. Part of Unibroue's rare collection of beers brewed with 100% raw materials, meaning that it's flavor is rich and powerful. Look out for a rather thick head on this ale, and enjoy the fruity yet malty tastes that last you all through Oktoberfest.

7. EKU 28 - The German's Beer

EKU_28.jpg

In the early 1950’s, the EKU brewery of Kulmbach , [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Helvetica, Veranda]Germany[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] set out to make the world's “biggest” beer. But, with traditional malt brewing techniques being a little too sissy, the beer-crazed Germans at Kulmbach doubled and sometimes even tripled the malt concentrations giving the yeast more fuel for alcoholic conversion. And, after an unheard of nine month cold storage period, the brewers got the end result: a robust beer, very sweet beer with an 11% ABV that will slap you in the face. Though not the biggest beer by any means, EKU 28 still packs a wallop and is not for the timid drinker.

6. Samichlaus - The Christmas Lush's Beer

samichlaus.jpg

Schloss Eggenberg brings us Samichlaus, which, as you might have guessed, means "Santa Claus" in Swiss German. The beer is only brewed once a year, on December 6 (which is the day of Saint Nicholas), which makes it a relatively rare brew. It is in the style of a Bavarian bock, and is fermented slowly over ten months so there is very little sugar left in the final beer. The process also allows for the development of a mind-numbing 14% ABV that goes perfect with those dysfunctional family holidays. With one of the highest ABVs in the world, this beer will make you forget all about your dead-beat brother and senial grandfather.

CONTINUED: http://inventorspot.com/articles/10_beers_quench_your_fall_thirst_6643?page=0,1

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like beer but I like the $20 a case beer! The labels are neat though!

mak2

Samichlaus actually taste pretty good, but I had one bottle and had a big time buzz on.