• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Email Software

BoneheadNW

My new comptuter arrived the other day and I have been moving my files over from my pc to my mac. Everything has gone fairly smoothly except I am having trouble moving my email files. Does anyone out there know how to move email messages from outlook to a mac? I do have ms office on the mac and am not sure if I will use the mac mail software or the ms Entourage. By the way, who comes up with these stupid names for software? I know the got paid big bucks.
Bone

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No help from me. Its been so long ago that I migrated files from PC to Mac that I can't recall.

Maybe Dargo can help? He has an iPhone, I understand that he's been on line with 'support' quite a bit and has learned all the ins & outs of technology.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't the Mac come with an "Import files and settings" option on CD like Windows XP has?

When I migrated to my new(er) PC, I inserted a CD, walked through a couple screens telling it what I wanted brought over and it did everything for me.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
You're making the biggest mistake of your life. I'm not going to help you dig that hole.

;)

I'm sure there's an "import" feature somewhere. You may have to export your email into an intermediate format like a text file and then import that into the new app.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
You're making the biggest mistake of your life. I'm not going to help you dig that hole.

The biggest mistake of my life was selling my Apple stock. If you look at the chart, you will see that it is a straight uphill climb with nary a dip for any length of time.......

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Currently my biggest mistake of my life was listening to my wife busting my chops about buying Delta Stock when it was under $1 a share. Now it's up around $20. At least I sold it for a very small profit so no loss but no big gain.

Don't worry Junk, Apple's stock will go down again. It's a very tempermental stock.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Currently my biggest mistake of my life was listening to my wife busting my chops about buying Delta Stock when it was under $1 a share. Now it's up around $20. At least I sold it for a very small profit so no loss but no big gain.

Don't worry Junk, Apple's stock will go down again. It's a very tempermental stock.

Problem is that when it goes down, and then rebounds, I might not have enough years left to appreciate the appreciation of value.... :smileywac