PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching this Andrew Zimmern guy on the Travel channel?

DAP
07-15-2007, 12:45 PM
He is making a living eating things that are ... well ... you be the judge.

Ironically, the worst thing he says he ate so far was a fruit from malaysia (Durion [sp]) ... this - after he ate goats eyes, sheeps brains and in fact the whole sheeps head where tissue could be found, (boiled of course), rancid meat (never identified) with eggs, sardine heads (not the sardines), boiled steer nuts, crab guts with egg sack,

Man, ....

:puke1:

RoadKing
07-15-2007, 02:31 PM
My worst one, I saw yesterday, hard boiled duck eggs with a full grown embryo inside. Second was a real slimy gray worm found in trees that is dipped is sauce and eaten raw. I always thought I was adventurous when it came to food, no way would I touch half the stuff this guy eats.

DAP
07-15-2007, 03:05 PM
My worst one, I saw yesterday, hard boiled duck eggs with a full grown embryo inside. Second was a real slimy gray worm found in trees that is dipped is sauce and eaten raw. I always thought I was adventurous when it came to food, no way would I touch half the stuff this guy eats.

Yea, that boiled egg with bird inside is a Filipino delight called Bollo, or sumpin like that ...

Yikes ... blood sausage, raw conk, this guy will try anything (twice according to him) ....

:pat:

Melensdad
07-15-2007, 05:00 PM
I love that show. I've seen about a half dozen episodes and there is some stuff that he puts in his mouth that I would not eat, but I consider eating to be an adventure.

The boiled egg with the bird inside is a belute (not sure if it is spelled correctly but that is how it would sound). I've NOT tried one of those. I love, absolutely love, blood sausage. I've eaten conch both raw and fried many times. But there is no way on God's green earth that I would have eaten those long white worms that the villagers pulled out of the trees. They looked like snot.

Another show that is good is "Andrew Bordain's No Reservations" and he has eaten some pretty bizarre foods too. One thing he ate, that would have made me vomit, was the anus of some African wild boar(?) that was roasted. Sorry, I got to draw the line on anus.

Snowcat Operations
07-28-2007, 01:45 AM
He is making a living eating things that are ... well ... you be the judge.

Ironically, the worst thing he says he ate so far was a fruit from malaysia (Durion [sp]) ... this - after he ate goats eyes, sheeps brains and in fact the whole sheeps head where tissue could be found, (boiled of course), rancid meat (never identified) with eggs, sardine heads (not the sardines), boiled steer nuts, crab guts with egg sack,

Man, ....

:puke1:

I happen to like crab brains or gutts. The greenish ooze that is under the shell... MMMMMMM Some rice and your in for a treat. Blood pudding, chitlens ecte ct. Man you guys are missing out! Fish eyes are like little liquid jewels.

BoneheadNW
07-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Sorry, I got to draw the line on anus.
I guess that rules you out of my dinner guest list. Sorry Bob.

Speaking of anus, that reminds me of that stupid show, Fear Factor. The part of the one episode that I saw they were eating horse rectums. Makes you wonder who is thinking this stuff up.
Bone